HALF MARATHON PROGRAM – 14 WEEKS
STARTS MONDAY AUGUST 10
This program will prepare you for the East Texas Half Marathon in Nacogdoches on Sunday, November 15. There will be programs for both the beginner and experienced runner and Piney Woods Running Club will be offering group runs for all paces.
ALL PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
• A training schedule developed by NET’s Becky McMorries, Kelley Davis, and Summer Koltonski, all USAT Certified Level I coaches and Ironman finishers.
• Weekly workout schedule delivered through TrainingPeaks
• In addition to a coach, you will also be paired with an experienced run leader to help guide you through long runs = Accountability!
• Group workouts guided by a coach/leader – SATURDAY Mornings (see calendar below); TUESDAY Evenings
• A technical training shirt
3 PLAN OPTIONS:
1. Half Marathon Program PERSONALIZED – 14 Weeks – $180
With this program, the 14 week plan will be personalized to your pace, HR zones (if applicable), goals and history. Communication with coaches will be as often as needed to make sure that the plan is meeting your running needs. All group runs are included.
2. Half Marathon Program BASIC – 14 Weeks – $100
With this program, the 14 week plan will have the same details as the personalized plan but will not be tailored to your specific running abilities. Coaches will review your training logs once a week. All group runs are included.
3. Half Marathon Program GROUP – 14 Weeks – $30
This is the most basic 14 week plan. Runners will have a schedule with the mileage required, but no detail as to type, pace or terrain. All group runs are included.
**If you are already registered for the half marathon at the time of training program registration, you will receive a $10 discount.**
GROUP RUN CALENDAR:
Piney Woods Running Club will lead group training runs on the following Saturdays. After the run there will be a speaker with topics on nutrition, stretching, run form, etc. All runs leave from Java Jacks and start according to pace.
August 8 – Pace Placement
GROUP RUN PACE GROUPS:
Runners will be divided into groups based on an initial time-trial conducted on Saturday August 8.
8min/mile = 2:00 and under half marathon
10min/mile = 2:00-2:15 half marathon
12min/mile = 2:15-2:45 half marathon
14min/mile = 3:00 half marathon
Walkers = those intending to walk the entire course
**Invoices will be sent out via Paypal during the first week of the program after your registration has been processed. You can then choose to pay in full or make partial payments throughout the duration of the program.**
If you have any other questions, please contact Becky at email@example.com.